Born heroes and leaders who combine the best features of humans and elves
- Average Height: 5´ 5˝–6´ 2˝
- Average Weight: 130–190 lb.
- Ability Scores: +2 Constitution, +2 Charisma
- Size: Medium
- Speed: 6 squares
- Vision: Low-light
- Languages: Common, Elven, choice of one other
- Skill Bonuses: +2 Diplomacy, +2 Insight
- Dilettante: At 1st level, you choose a 1st-level at-will attack power from a class different from yours. You can use that power as an encounter power.
- Dual Heritage: You can take feats that have either elf or human as a prerequisite (as well as those specifically for half-elves), as long as you meet any other requirements.
- Group Diplomacy: You grant allies within 10 squares of you a +1 racial bonus to Diplomacy checks.
Half-elves tend to be sturdier of build than elves but more slender than most humans. Half-elves have the same range of complexions as humans and elves, and like elves, half-elves often have eye or hair colors not normally found among humans. Male half-elves can grow facial hair, unlike male elves, and often sport thin mustaches, goatees, or short beards. Half-elves’ears are about the size of human ears, but they are tapered, like the ears of their elven ancestors.
Half-elves usually adopt the dress and hairstyles of the society they spend the most time with; for example, a half-elf raised among a barbaric human tribe dresses in the furs and skins favored by the tribe and adopts the tribe’s style of braids and face paint. However, it would not be unusual for half-elves raised among humans to seek out articles of elven clothing or jewelry so that they can proudly display signs of their dual heritage.
Half-elves have life spans comparable to humans, but like elves they remain vigorous well into old age.